Tanzania geared to host EAHF Conference 2017
The East African Healthcare Federation leadership comprising of Tanzania (Dr. Kaushik Ramaiya and Dr. Nazir Arab), Uganda (Dr. Ian Clarke and Dr. Herbert Turyagyenda), Kenya (Dr. Amit N. Thakker and Dr. Peter Kamunyo), Rwanda (Dr. Jean Nyirinkwaya and Dr. Gerard Ngendahimana), Burundi (Dr. Pierre Claver), South Sudan (Dr. Francis Oromo) and Ethiopia (Dr. Dawit Haillu) successfully hosted delegates from all over the world at the recently concluded 5th EAHF Conference in Kampala.
At the event the EAHF shield was officially handed over to Dr. Kaushik Ramaiya of APHFTA (Tanzania) by Dr. Ian Clarke, Chair of UHF at a colourful ceremony witnessed by both public and private sector leaders within East Africa. (pictured above)
At the closing ceremony, moderated by Prof. Khama Rogo, Health in Africa Director and Lead Specialist, World Bank Group summarized the key take home messages for the sector by raising pertinent issues affecting the various countries in Eastern Africa comprising of over 300 million people. The heads of the private health sector from each country outlined their action plan and commitments which will be followed up and progress will be reported next year in Tanzania.(pictured above)
We take this opportunity to thank all the officials, delegates and partners for this event that included : World Bank Group, Pharmaccess, USAID, Philip, PSI, ACA, GE,Global Financing Facility, The Nairobi Hospital, Biolitec, AAPC, UHMG, PACE, Access.Mobile, SMART, Fanem, Sanugit, IHK, UCMB, Strathmore Business School and Africa Health Business
- It was a pleasure to add to the discussion on private sector involvement in delivering health services
- It was an honor to present in such a successful conference
- It was an honor and a pleasure to be participating in an event as professional as this
- This was one of the best EAHF Conferences I have attended due in large part to your vision and the team. I am glad I was able to play a small role in its success
- Congratulations on a superb conference and excellent program! What an amazing networking opportunity and I enjoyed interacting with many of the delegates from all over East and West Africa
- The conference was superb and lots of learning and networking. I pledge the continued support to ensure the work of the private sector in health is acknowledged and adds value
- We greatly appreciated the platform you offered us and the connections we’ve made as a result. We look forward to staying connected to the UHF team and finding future areas of collaboration.
- It was an absolute pleasure to work with you, and congratulations on an excellent conference, it was very interesting, well organized (only 15 minutes late each day!!) and great networking as always. We will continue our support to Tanzania next year.